It’s obvious that the world has changed a lot since the beginning of recorded history, but it’s not often that we notice how much (or in some cases like) little) Things have changed.
The website new photos encourages photographers to recreate historical images of places and people to create stunning before-and-after images. Take a look at some amazing before and after pictures that might make you see our world a little differently.
1. The signing of the Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Our ancestors sign the famous document in 1776. In 2017, 241 years later, their descendants gathered to recreate the famous image.
2. Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC, in front of the United States Capitol.
The first picture was taken in 1900, the second one 113 years later, 2013.
3. The Moulin Rouge nightclub in Paris, France.
The first picture was taken in 1900, the second one 115 years later in 2016.
4. Hammerfest, a small fishing community in Norway.
The first photo was taken in 1889, the second one 114 years later in 2004. An interesting remark: The entire city burned down in 1945 during the German retreat.
5. The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
The first picture was taken in 1900, the second one 117 years later, in 2017.